Are you ready for an adventure, but also want to stick to your budget? Save money by staying in a hostel on your next trip!
Hostels are a great way for travelers to save money while they look to explore new places without breaking the bank. In this article, we’ll give you some travel tips on how to save some cash while traveling by staying in a hostel. From San Diego to San Francisco, we have your covered!
First things first, what is a hostel?
A hostel is a type of accommodation that offers dorm-style rooms, often with shared bathrooms, kitchens, and common areas. Hostels are a great option for solo travelers or groups of friends who are looking to meet new people while on the road. Plus, they are typically much cheaper than hotels or Airbnb’s, making them a perfect choice for budget-conscious travelers.
Here are some travel tips while staying in a hostel:
- Book in advance: Hostels often offer discounts for booking in advance, so be sure to plan ahead if possible.
- Look for deals: Many hostels offer deals or promotions throughout the year, such as discounts for staying multiple nights or for booking during off-peak times.
- Cook your own meals: Most hostels have communal kitchens, so take advantage of this by cooking your own meals instead of eating out every day. This will save you a ton of money in the long run.
- Take advantage of free activities: Many hostels offer free or low-cost activities for guests, such as walking tours or movie nights. Take advantage of these to save some money on entertainment.
- Break out of your shell: Hostels are popular for both domestic and international travelers. With common areas and social activities, they offer a unique opportunity to interact and network with people all over the world.
For an inside look at what it’s like to stay in a hostel, watch this in-depth video!
Now that we’ve gone over some of the key points to staying in a hostel, here are some recommendations on which ones we love!
San Diego hostels:
Mission Beach Backpacker Hostel
San Francisco hostels:
Los Angeles hostels:
Surf City Hostel Hermosa Beach
Now that you know how to save money by staying hostels, we recommend getting out there and exploring all that there is to see and do while living an adventurous, nomadic life!
When you’re ready to book, stop on over to Hostelworld.com for more information and booking options!