Cool and Chilly in San Francisco in July
San Francisco in July can be surprisingly cool even though the rest of the country is enjoying a hot summer. July is a great time to visit San Francisco because you beat the main summer rush which happens in August and September.
As far as San Francisco weather goes for June, the average high temperature is 68 degrees Fahrenheit while the average low temperate is 53 degrees Fahrenheit. The water temperature is a brisk 58 degrees Fahrenheit.
TOP EVENTS HAPPENING IN San Francisco IN JULY
4th of July
San Francisco is full of hills so you can easily find a great view of the fireworks. If you want to be under the fireworks, head to Pier 39 to be as close as possible.
June through August
Live music is back! Head to Stern Grove for some outdoor concerts and family-friendly gatherings!
May to October
Enjoy hanging out and being entertained by both well-known and emerging artists showcasing live outdoor music, dance, and theater performances.
July 14 – July 18
Annual Bay area event to showcase independent filmmakers and youth filmmakers to gain exposure.
The outdoor free French-American features the best French food, wine, and entertainment.
Take a day trip or overnight adventure to Yosemite National Park! You will be amazed by the towering granite walls and waterfalls.
FREE Museum Days
San Francisco is full of amazing museums and cultural experiences. You can find a different experience every day of your trip! We have highlighted which days are free for each of the most popular musuems.
- SF Botanical Gardens: Second Tuesday of every month, as well as Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, & New Year’s Day
- Asian Art Museum: First Sunday of every month
- Exploratorium: Four to five times a year
- California Academy of Sciences: Select Sundays throughout the year thanks to Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Conservatory of Flowers: First Tuesday of every month
- Contemporary Jewish Museum: First Tuesday of every month
- de Young: First Tuesday of every month
- GLBT: First Wednesday of the month
- Legion of Honor: First Tuesday of every month
WEEKLY LOCAL EVENTS IN SAN FRANCISCO:
San Francisco is one of the most unique places in America. From the historic building to scenic attractions, you will never run out of things to do.
Check out Fun Cheap SF for a full list of things to do in San Francisco
For the live music scene, check out Song Kick for the best venue and upcoming shows.
STAY AT ITH Pacific Tradewinds Hostel & HAVE A GREAT TIME