The Best Outdoor Things To Do In San Diego During The Winter!
San Diego is definitely known for its amazing summers but what many travelers forget is how perfect San Diego winters are. With temperatures floating around the mid-60’s (approximately 17 degrees celsius) there are many fun options to enjoy! I typically like to head inland and enjoy San Diego’s amazing hiking trails and waterfalls or even take a trip up to Big Bear Mountain to fly down the mountain on a snowboard. I have created a list of outdoor things to do in San Diego during the winter so travelers can enjoy our beautiful inland areas of Southern California.
Some of the best trails and waterfalls to enjoy in San Diego county are:
– Torrey Pines State Park (Seaside Cliffs Trail)
– Santee Boulder Field (Bouldering / Rock Climbing)
Other great adventures include:
– Mt. Woodson Peak Trail (Panoramic View of San Diego)
– Cedar Creek Waterfall Trail (100 Foot Waterfall Lagoon)
– Three Sister’s Waterfall Trail (Three 30 Foot Cascading Waterfall)
– Kitchen Sink Waterfall Trail (Cascading Canyon Waterfall)
– Iron Mountain Trail (Panoramic View of San Diego)
If the temperatures in Southern California begin to drop, that means the snow is falling at nearby Big Bear Mountain! Bring out the snowboards and snap on your bindings because Southern California is one of the only places in the country where you can surf in the morning and snowboard in the afternoon!
Rated as one of the best mountains in the country for park and freestyle riders, Big Bear Mountain provides the perfect fix for winter time enthusiasts to play in the snow! Be sure to check current current snow conditions so you can be prepared!