Wondering where to spend New Years Eve in California? Here are some of our recommendations for where celebrate the holiday, whether you want to party it up or simply relax with family and friends.
New Years Eve in San Francisco
On Eventbrite, you’ll find a variety of San Francisco’s New Year’s Eve parties.
Apart from these events, you can find NYE fireworks south of the ferry building in San Francisco’s Bay Bridge area.
New Years Eve in San Diego
San Diego is full of pub crawls and parties on NYE. Feeling fancy? Hop on a yacht party. An event unique to San Diego is the New Year’s Eve Time Warp party, where you can travel back in time with themed sets.
San Diego is also an ideal place to visit in California for a romantic dinner for two. Some popular neighborhoods to dine in include La Jolla and Oceanside.
New Years Eve in Los Angeles
Fun things to do in Los Angeles for NYE:
- NYE club crawl parties
- Universal Studio’s NYE Celebration
- Celebrate with fine dining at TAO Los Angeles
- Duke Dumont NYE Weekend
- Party like Gatsby in the massive ballroom at Pasea Hotel
- Alien party at the Insomniac NYE countdown
- The Jazz at Sea NYE Gala
- Avalon Hollywood: Markus Schulz
All these events and more are available on Experism.
New Years Eve in Big Bear Lake
Fun things to do in Big Bear for New Year’s Eve:
- Free torchlight parade
- “Times square” @ The Pines
- 1920’s themed mystery night
- Wyatt’s family-friendly convention
New Year’s Eve in Joshua Tree
Unique NYE events happening December 2023 at Joshua Tree:
- New Year’s Eve All Stars Celebration
- DILF Palm Springs Countdown for gay men
- Gimme Gimme Disco NYE party
- Happy Nude Year: Bear Naked Weekend for gay men
New Year’s Eve in Santa Barbara
Looking for something elegant this New Year? Check out the NYE party at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, where you can dress to impress in this 80s and 90s-inspired celebration.
Some other events happening in Santa Barbara on New Year’s Eve:
- Santa Barbara Zoo NYE
- Dinner at Bouchon
- Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Lotusland botanical garden
- Arroyo Burro Beach
New Year’s Eve in Lake Tahoe
Head to Lake Tahoe to experience nature and live music for a NYE you won’t forget! Many ski resorts in the area host parties to welcome the new year. Check out the Torchlight Parade at Kirkwood or the fireworks at Mt. Rose and Northstar. Heavenly Holidays also hosts the best NYE party in Lake Tahoe. For the entire month of December, there will be tree lighting, ice sculptures, fireworks, live music and more!